background-image:url(http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp85/simplyblogitbackgrounds/vdaycopy.jpg?t=1233806318);background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed

Friday, October 15, 2010

Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup

Oh I  love the smell of fall in the air! It brings back lots of memories and makes me miss the days that I worked for my dad and with my family at our store in Florida (Detwilers Farm Market,Sarasota Fl.)  My brother sent me a picture message the other day of them setting up there pumpkin tent with there 1st load of pumpkins,I always loved this time of the year getting our loads of pumpkins,apples,straw bales,indian corn,gourds,corn stalks,mums,apple and pumpkin butter and my favorite of all  the pumpkin pie shakes we would make! So since I love cooking I search my recipe books for all kinds of food to make this time of the year. So here is a recipe I came across recently that is a great Fall breakfast food, I decided to make these one morning for something different for my own little family and they were a big hit with my hubby and little boy. They are wonderful and what makes them even better is they are so easy to mix up cause the pancake batter is made with Bisquick.
Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup
2 cups Bisquick
1 1/2 cup Water
3/4 cup Grated apple
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
In a bowl,combine all ingredients just until moistened.
Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top.
cook until second side is golden brown.

Cider Syrup
1/2 cup Sugar
1 T. Cornstarch
1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp.ground nutmeg
In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients above ;then stir in
1 cup Apple Cider
Stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly,about 5 mins.
Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 mins. longer ; stir in
2 T. cubed Butter
1 T. Lemon juice
Serve with Pancakes.

Recipe Adapted by:Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment